Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back to the Bright Side

At least in the midst of all these bummers, I have something to look forward to.  A PERFECT CLASS SCHEDULE FOR FALL 2011! 

I only have to take 12 hours this semester.  This means better grades and more time for work and play.  Mondays and Wednesdays, I only have one class from 2:30-3:45.  Tuesdays and Thursdays, I go to class from 11-3:15.  NO CLASS FRIDAYS! No waking up early.  No staying 'til 5.  This is AWESOME.  

Not having class Friday is amazing for several reasons: 1) Columbia night life is most exciting on Thursday nights.  No more showing up to class on Friday half asleep and sometimes in last night's clothes. 2) I work at the Lake of the Ozarks on the weekends until September.  Now I can go down even earlier to make make money.  Hello, double Fridays and staying 'til Monday.  3) Even working in Columbia is going to be better.  Double Fridays mean working less weeknights to focus on school.  Also, most jobs in Columbia require you to work at least one lunch shift.  I now have 3 days where that's possible.  4) My boyfriend lives 9 hours away, and now I'll actually have time to go see him.  9 hours is a LONG drive that's just not possible on Saturday and Sunday.  Now,  I could potentially leave Thursday after class and not have to be back until Monday at 2. Score.  Finally, even when I'm not using all that free time for fun things, I have TONS of extra time for homework.  I am in classes I really like, classes that are important to me and my future career.  I will have more time than ever to dedicate myself and be that student who goes the extra mile.

Plenty of time for work, studying, play, football, travelling...What's not to love?  Senior year is looking to be the best.  As it should be.

That means Spring semester, I have 3 easy schmeasy classes and my capstone (final course to graduate), which will hopefully be working for Mojo ad, Mizzou's in-house ad agency.  I have all the required and suggested courses plus study abroad under my belt before I apply, so hopefully my odds are good.  

Keeping my chin up and crossing my fingers for the perfect senior year of college!

Hasta luego,
Amelia

Think. Feel. Receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment