Sunday, January 23, 2011

the dirty honest truth

I hate to even say this because I know this is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I'm not only lucky but eternally grateful. I get mad at myself for thinking badly because I know it's all about your attitude.  But if you want to know the dirty honest truth? I'm sooo ready to go home.  Ok, so maybe I don't want to go home, but I'm ready to not have to figure things out anymore.  I didn't realize quite how uncomfortable it is to be out of your comfort zone.  Pretty obvious, but I didn't know I even had a comfort zone.  I mean, I've experienced quite a bit in my life considering I'm only 21.  Padres, you have know idea.  Not to mention the countless hours I spent researching Buenos Aires and studying Spanish.  I don't want to dwell on the negative, so I'm not going to say anything else, but please pray for me.  I need all the love and support I can get.  I'm sick of being in a group, getting lost, and NEVER sleeping.  The clubs outside my window along with tons of traffic and people screaming keep me awake until 6 am.  I'm really freaking sick of seeing the sun rise.  There's tons more on my mind, and I think it's important that this blog includes not only the fun parts that everyone knows and expects for study abroad but how hard it is too.  But for now, I just keep thinking how damn good it's going to feel when I get home and can say I made it.  I survived. And I'm a million times better, stronger version of myself for having done so.

Hasta luego,
Amelia

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  When I let what is be and have faith that where I'm at is where I'm supposed to be, serenity flows over me."

1 comment:

  1. When lemons seem to be falling from the sky----have lots of fun making lemonade!!!!!! Love you, Gma

    ReplyDelete