Saturday, April 9, 2011

Música/music part 1

Music (along w/ food) is by far one of my favorite aspects of culture.  Fortunately, for what the cuisine lacks in variety, the tunes do not.  You can here anything from pop to reggae to tango to romantic ballads on a given day.  That said, we have definitely figured out what's hot right now.  Like American radio, the same ten songs play over and over and can be heard everywhere.  I thought I'd give you a little taste.

Up-and-coming reggae star Dread Mar I is one of my personal favorites.  He won us over with his song "Tu sin mi." We're going to see him in concert at Luna Park on the 27th.
Next up in the reggae genre is Fidel Nadal and his auto-tune hit "Te robaste mi corazon."

Looking for something more familiar?  Ricky Martin may have disappeared off the charts for quite some time in the States, but he's back and bigger than ever in Argentina.  His sentimental "Lo Mejor de mi Vida Eres Tu" is a bilingual success.
What about the local sounds of Argentina?  Vicentico, opening act for Shakira at the 2011 Pop Festival, has been making it big with songs like "Ya no te Quiero."

Another local star is Luciano Pereyra.  His provocative "El Vestido Rojo" is very representative of the porteño men who are anything but shy.
Last but not least is your favorite pop princess of South America, Shakira.  Thank goodness, she finally released the single "Sale el Sol" because her club smash "Loca" was going to send me to an asylum if I heard it one more time.
Well, that's all for now folks.  But with my passion for music, you can definitely expect more to come.  I can't wait to bump my BA playlist back in the States.

Note: None of these music videos are my property and were only meant to support these artists and share their music.  They are from YouTube and were not intended to infringe on copyrights in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment